Centre approves to set up 100 Sainik Schools
About Sainik Schools
- Sainik Schools are residential schools for boys, providing Public School Education with Military bias.
- The schools are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and are supported by Central and State funding.
- The scheme to establish Sainik Schools was introduced in 1961 with the primary aim of preparing boys academically, physically and mentally for entry into the National Defence Academy.
- They are established and managed by Sainik Schools Society under the Ministry of Defence.
Why in News?
- The Government has approved a scheme to set up 100 Sainik Schools in partnership with NGOs, Private Schools and the State governments.
- The aims and objectives of the Scheme is to provide an educational and training environment on the pattern of training provided in existing Sainik Schools. It aims to extend the benefits of a system that combines academic rigour with a degree of discipline and regimentation.
View all comments