What’s in the news?
- On the occasion of Bhutan’s national day, Bhutan has decided to confer its highest civilian award Ngadag Pel gi Khorlo or The Order of The Druk Gyaplo to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Many countries have honoured Prime Minister Narendra Modi with their highest civilian awards. Likewise, many non-governmental organisations and foundations have also conferred prestigious awards on him.
- In 2016, he received the highest civilian awards from Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan.
- In 2018, he was conferred the highest honour of Palestine. In 2019, the United Arab Emirates honoured the Indian Prime Minister with the Order of Zyed Award. In the same year, Russia, Bahrain and the Maldives also conferred Mr Modi with their respective highest civilian awards.
- In 2020, Mr Modi received the prestigious Legion of Merit from the United States of America. Other prestigious awards given to Prime Minister Narendra Modi at international forums include the Seoul Peace Prize and Champions of the Earth Award which is United Nation’s highest environmental honour.