About PM GatiShakti
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched PM GatiShakti National Master Plan for providing multimodal connectivity to various Economic Zones in the country.
- PM GatiShakti aims to reduce the logistics cost. Currently, the logistics cost in India is about 13% of the GDP whereas in other developed countries it is to the extent of 8%.
- Government is committed to reduce the cost of logistics to ensure competitiveness of our manufacturing sector, better realisation of prices to farmers and availability of goods at cheaper prices to consumers.
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is the nodal department for PM GatiShatki.
Why in News?
- The Government has constituted an Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS) headed by Cabinet Secretary with Secretaries of 20 Infrastructure and Economic User Ministries as members of EGoS to monitor implementation of PM GatiShakti.