VAIBHAV Summit (Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik Summit)
- Vaishwik Bhartiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit is a collaborative initiative by S&T and Academic Organisations of India to enable deliberations on thought process, practices and R&D culture with a problem solving approach for well defined objectives.
- The VAIBHAV initiative aims to bring out the comprehensive roadmap to leverage the expertise and knowledge of global Indian researchers and academicians for solving emerging challenges.
- The aim of the summit is to reflect in-depth on the collaboration and cooperation instruments with academia and scientists in India.
- The goal is to create an ecosystem of Knowledge and Innovation in the country through global outreach. This is a joint effort of all S&T and Academic organisations.
VAIBHAV and Atmanirbhar Bharat:
- VAIBHAV has led the way in establishing research capability as an important avenue towards Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
- It has paved the way for aligning contemporary research in the country towards a shared purpose in each area.
- Resident and overseas Indians have given an integrated perspective of research and academic capabilities to seamlessly contribute to India’s S&T capability for global good.
- VAIBHAV has created an interactive and facile mechanism in the Cyberspace, and has promoted collaboration and the development of leadership.
- It is a grand initiative in the area of science and research not just for academic institutes but also for public funded R&D organizations and Industry that utilizes the outcome of research.
- Vaibhav will add a new dimension to Atal Innovation Mission. Summit aims to give an impetus to the objectives of Atal Innovation Mission by leveraging the collaborative experience and deep expertise of International and Indian subject experts.
About Atal Innovation Mission
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
The Atal Innovation Mission has following two core functions:
- Vaibhav summit seeks active support and ideation from Indian Diaspora for developing skills of Indian aspirants in alignment with the New Educational Policy.
Why in News?
- The Prime Minister inaugurated the Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit, a global virtual summit of overseas and resident Indian researchers and Academicians.
- About 3200 panelists and about 22,500 academicians and scientists from India and overseas participated in this month-long series of webinars.
- The summit started on 3rd of October and concluded on the occasion of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Jayanti, 31stOctober 2020.
View all comments