About the Program
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development launched the is funding a project called SAMVAD (Support, Advocacy and Mental Health Interventions for Children in Vulnerable Circumstances and Diseases) which is aimed at mental health outreach for children who are abandoned and orphaned, child survivors of trafficking, or in conflict with law.
- Launched in 2020, the project is led by the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) and is being run in collaboration with Panchayati Raj Ministry.
- It aims at enhancing child and adolescent psychosocial well-being, particularly of children in difficult circumstances, through promotion of integrated approaches to mental health and protection.
Why in News?
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched the 2nd phase of the SAMVAD program recently.
- The project is providing a coping mechanism for children in distress by training close to 1 lakh stakeholders comprising Child Protection Functionaries, tele-counsellors, educators, law professionals among others.
View all comments