What’s in the news?
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is set to celebrate the fifth Poshan Pakhwada from 20th March 2022 to 3rd April 2023 with various activities nationwide.
- The Pakhwada aims to raise awareness about the importance of nutrition and promote healthy eating habits.
- Poshan Abhiyaan, launched in 2018, has been instrumental in ensuring people’s participation and bringing the discourse on nutrition to the forefront.
- Poshan Abhiyan was launched with the aim to improve nutritional outcomes in a holistic manner.
- Behavioral change at individual and community level is an important component to achieve the desired goals of a Kuposhan-mukt Bharat.
- Every year, Poshan Pakhwada is celebrated in the month of March for 15 days. Similarly, the month of September is celebrated as Rashtriya Poshan Maah, across the country.