- Under Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY), Organic farming is promoted through adoption of organic village by cluster approach.
- This is a Government of India and the State government shared scheme with a sharing pattern of 60:40.
- It primarily aims to increase soil fertility and thereby helps in production of healthy food through organic practices without the use of agro-chemicals.
- PKVY also aims at empowering farmers through institutional development through clusters approach not only in farm practice management, input production, quality assurance but also in value addition and direct marketing through innovative means.
- Under PKVY farmers are provided financial assistance of Rs 50,000 per hectare/ 3 years is given, out of which Rs. 31,000 is provided directly through DBT for inputs bio fertilisers, bio-pesticides, organic manure, compost, vermi-compost, botanical extracts etc.
- It will increase domestic production and certification of organic produce by involving farmers.
- The Scheme envisages
- Promotion of commercial organic production through certified organic farming.
- The produce will be pesticide residue free and will contribute to improve the health of consumers.
- It will raise farmer’s income and create a potential market for traders.
- It will motivate the farmers for natural resource mobilization for input production.
Why in News?
- The Government of India provided details about PKVY in the Parliament.