What’s in the news?
- Millions of people around the world observed the annual Earth Hour recently to raise awareness about climate change.
- The ‘Earth Hour’ event encourages individuals to turn off all lights and electrical appliances at their homes and offices for an hour to promote awareness about energy conservation.
- It is a global annual initiative of the World Wide Fund for Nature.
- The day aims to increase awareness and spark global conversations on protecting nature, tackling the climate crisis, and working together to shape a brighter future for us all.
- The movement of Earth Hour began in 2007 in Australia, and it has now become a global campaign wherein non-essential lights are turned off at 8:30 PM on a specific day towards the end of March.