Nature Index 2020
About the Index
- The Nature Index is a database of author affiliation information collated from research articles published in an independently selected group of 82 high-quality science journals.
- The database is compiled by Nature Research, a division of the international scientific publishing company Springer Nature that publishes academic journals. Nature Research’s flagship publication is Nature, a weekly multidisciplinary journal first published in 1869.
- The Nature Index provides a close to real-time proxy of high-quality research output and collaboration at the institutional, national and regional level.The Nature Index is updated monthly and also releases annual tables of countries.
Why in News?
- The Nature Index 2020 has been recently released.
Key findings of Nature Index, 2020 on India:
- Globally the top-rated Indian institutions in this list are Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) at the 160th position and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore at the 184th position.
View all comments