What’s in the news?
- President Droupadi Murmu has granted assent to the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill 2023. The Bill amended the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Act 1991.
Highlights of the Act
National Capital Civil Service Authority:
- The Act will establish a permanent authority named “National Capital Civil Service Authority” to take decisions with respect to the postings and control of civil servants.
- The Authority will be headed by the Chief Minister of Delhi and will consist of the Chief Secretary, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi and the Principal Secretary, Home, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- The Authority can make recommendations to the Lieutenant Governor regarding transfers and postings of all Group ‘A’ officers and officers of DANICS serving in the affairs of the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi barring officers handling matters related to public order, land and police.
- The Authority can also make recommendations to the LG regarding vigilance and non-vigilance matters for the purpose of initiation of disciplinary proceedings and grant of prosecution sanctions in relation to the above officers.
LG’s decision to be final:
- The Act confers the final authority to the LG. In case of any difference of opinion, the LG’s decision will prevail.