About the programme
- Mission Karmayogi is a nationwide programme to lay the foundation for capacity building of civil servants. It will help the officers to learn about the best practices across the world. It was launched in 2020.
- Officially called the “National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB)“, the mission plans to transform human resource management in the country.
- Mission Karmayogi aims to prepare the Indian civil servant for the future by making him/her more creative, constructive, imaginative, innovative, proactive, professional, progressive, energetic, enabling, transparent and technology-enabled.
- The fundamental focus of the reform is the creation of a ‘citizen centric civil service’ capable of creating and delivering services conducive to economic growth and public welfare.
- It shifts the focus from “Rule based training to Role based training”. Greater thrust has been laid on behavioural change.
- The Mission Karmayogi programme will be delivered by setting up a digital platform called iGOTKarmayogi. The platform will act as a launchpad for the initiative and will enable a comprehensive reform of the capacity building apparatus at the individual, institutional and process levels.
Why in News?
- The Government of India conducted a workshop on Mission Karmayogi.