About Krishi UDAN
- The Krishi Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik (Krishi Udan) scheme was launched in 2020 to assist farmers in transporting agricultural products on international and national routes so that it improves their value realisation. It is an initiative of the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA).
- The objectives are to increase the share of air in the modal mix for transportation of Agri-produce, which includes horticulture, fishery, livestock & processed products.
Krishi UDAN 2.0
- In a bid aimed at facilitating and incentivising the movement of agricultural produce through air transportation, especially biodegradable food products from hilly areas, north-eastern States and tribal regions, MoCA launched the Krishi Udan 2.0 scheme recently.
- Krishi UDAN 2.0, too, will focus on bringing about a convergence between the agriculture and aviation sectors (A2A: Agriculture to Aviation).
- Krishi UDAN 2.0 will be implemented at 53 airports across the country, primarily focussing on the north-eastern States and tribal regions, and is expected to benefit farmers, freight forwarders and airlines.
- Under the scheme, the Ministry will be providing a full waiver on landing, parking, terminal navigation and route navigation facilities charges for all domestic airlines.
Why in News?
- The Ministry Of Civil Aviation has conducted a review of the Krishi UDAN 2.0 scheme.