Indian Multirole Helicopter
Why in News?
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL), is planning to indigenously design and develop a medium lift helicopter, the Indian multirole helicopter (IMRH).
- The IMRH is envisaged as a medium lift helicopter with a maximum all-up weight of 13 tonnes to replace the Russian Mi-17 class of helicopters in service.
- It will be powered by twin engines, suit the high altitude requirements of the Army and Air Force as well feature blade folding option for ship deck operations.
- The intended roles of the IMRH are to support air assault, air transport, combat logistics, combat search and rescue and casualty evacuation as well as VVIP duties.
- The HAL currently has a range of indigenous products in the light helicopter category — Advanced Light Helicopter, Light Combat Helicopter and Light Utility Helicopter.
- To read about Light Combat Helicopter: https://officerspulse.com/light-combat-helicopter/
- To read about Advanced Light Helicopters: https://officerspulse.com/indian-coast-guard-icg/
- To read about Ka-226T light utility helicopters: https://officerspulse.com/ka-226t-light-utility-helicopters/
View all comments