Grameen Udyami Scheme
- The Grameen Udyami Scheme was launched to augment skill training in tribal communities for their inclusive and sustainable growth.
- Under the programme, the endeavor is to multi skill India’s youth and impart functional skills to them for enabling livelihoods.
- It was launched by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in August 2022.
- The Grameen Udyami initiative will provide India’s tribal population with economic empowerment.
- This initiative is integral to increasing tribal ownership and raising awareness of such initiatives and activities.
Why in News?
- Over 200 tribal women who had completed their skills training under Phase 3 of the Grameen Udyami Scheme, were awarded their certificates recently.
View all comments