- The Joint Military Exercise Kavach will involve Indian Navy, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Coast Guard.
- The exercise would involve participation and deployment of elements of Army’s Amphibious Brigade along with supporting forces including
- Special Forces of Navy
- Armour/Mechanised components
- Naval Ships comprising Destroyers
- Jaguar Maritime Strike and Transport aircraft from Indian Air Force and assets of Coast Guard.
- The joint force will execute multi-domain, high-intensity offensive and defensive manoeuvres in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
Significance: The exercise will check the preparedness of all the agencies in dealing with an asymmetric threat.
Why in News?
A large scale Joint Military Exercise ‘Exercise Kavach’ involving assets of Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Coast Guard will be conducted in the coming week under the aegis of the Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC), the only Joint Forces Command of the country.
View all comments