- Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) is an online platform available to the citizens 24×7 to lodge their grievances to the public authorities on any subject related to service delivery. It is a single portal connected to all the Ministries/Departments of Government of India and States.
- The online web-enabled system was developed by the National Informatics Centre in association with the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- It has been developed with an objective of speedy redress and effective monitoring of grievances by Ministries/Departments/Organizations of Government of India.
- It enables the citizen to track online the grievance with the unique registration ID provided at the time of registration of the complainant and also enables DARPG to monitor the grievance.
- CPGRAMS also provides an appeal facility to the citizens if they are not satisfied with the resolution by the Grievance Officer.
Why in News?
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) has released the CPGRAMS monthly report for States for June, 2023.
- The said report provides a detailed analysis of types and categories of public grievances and the nature of disposal.