- Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) is an autonomous Telecom R&D Centre of the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications. It was established in 1984.
- It is a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- In the initial years, C-DOT triggered a telecom revolution in rural India that was responsible for all-round socio-economic development. Over the years, C-DOT has evolved into a full-fledged telecom R&D institution and has capabilities to undertake large-scale state-of-the-art telecom technologies development programs.
- C-DOT as a torch bearer of indigenous telecom R&D continues to develop latest technology products in areas like Optical, Switching, Wireless, Security and Network Management while also working on futuristic technologies like M2M/IOT, 5G, AI, etc.
Why in News?
- The Centre for Development of Telematics observed its 38th Foundation Day recently.