What’s in the news?
- Drone technology has revolutionised the civil and defence sectors by increasing efficiency, reducing exposure to risk as also by being a capability enhancer.
- The usage of drones in India is also seeing an increase – both, in the military, as well as in the civil domain.
- The IAF uses Remotely Piloted Aircraft extensively for Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance operations.
- To exploit its rich experience in using these unmanned platforms, the IAF is partnering with the Drone Federation of India to co-host the ‘Bharat Drone Shakti 2023’, where the Indian drone industry shall give live aerial demonstrations.
- ‘Bharat Drone Shakti 2023’ will give a fillip to India’s commitment to becoming a global drone hub by 2030.