Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana
About the Scheme
- Last year, the Union Cabinet gave its approval for Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY).
- Under ABRY, the government will provide subsidy for provident fund contributions for adding new employees to establishments registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
- The Centre will provide the subsidy for two years for workers who lost jobs between March 1 to September 30 and for new workers employed on or after October 1.
Salient features of ABRY
- Under the scheme, the Government of India will pay both 12% employees’ contribution and 12% employers’ contribution i.e. 24% of wages towards Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) in respect of new employees in establishments employing upto 1000 employees for two years.
- The Government of India will pay only employees’ share of EPF contribution i.e. 12% of wages in respect of new employees in establishments employing more than 1000 employees for two years.
- The beneficiaries include new employee drawing less than Rs. 15,000 per month, who falls under one of the following categories:-
- who was not working in any establishment registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and did not have a Universal Account Number (UAN) prior to 1st October 2020
- any EPF member possessing Universal Account Number (UAN) drawing monthly wage of less than Rs. 15000/- who made exit from employment during Covid pandemic from 01.03.2020 to 30.09.2020 and did not join employment in any EPF covered establishment up to 30.09.2020.
Why in News?
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment provided details about the State-wise number of beneficiaries under ABRY.
View all comments