- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog to promote innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of the country.
- AIM’s objective is to develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of the economy, provide platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders, create awareness and create an umbrella structure to oversee the innovation ecosystem of the country.
Initiatives under Atal Innovation Mission
- Atal Tinkering Labs– Creating problem solving mindset across schools in India.
- Atal Incubation Centers– Fostering world class startups and adding a new dimension to the incubator model.
- Atal New India Challenges– Fostering product innovations and aligning them to the needs of various sectors/ministries.
- Mentor India Campaign– A national Mentor network in collaboration with the public sector, corporates and institutions, to support all the initiatives of the mission.
- Atal Community Innovation Center– To stimulate community centric innovation and ideas in the unserved /underserved regions of the country including Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
- ARISE- To stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry.
Why in News?
- Atal Innovation Mission has signed a Statement of Intent with a global IT consulting firm to promote innovation across the schools.