What’s in the news?
- The Ministry of Education has launched YUVA 2.0 – Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors, an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors (below 30 years of age) in order to promote reading, writing and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
- In view of the significant impact of the first edition of YUVA with large scale participation from young and budding authors in 22 different Indian languages and English, YUVA 2.0 is now being launched.
- The vision of YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is to encourage the youth to understand and appreciate India’s democracy.
- YUVA 2.0 is a part of India@75 Project (Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav) to bring to the fore the perspectives of the young generation of writers.
- This scheme will thus help to develop a stream of writers who can write on a spectrum of subjects to promote Indian heritage, culture and knowledge system.
View all comments