Year End Review -2020 of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
The major initiatives taken by the Ministry during the Year-2020 are
1) National Skill Development Mission (NSDM):
It aims to create convergence across sectors and States in terms of skill training activities. It also aims to expedite decision making across sectors to achieve skilling at scale with speed and standards.
2) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 (2020-21) Scheme to be launched:
It aims to provide free skill training avenues to youths of India.
On-boarding of PMKVY Scheme on UMANG Platform:
3) Launch of SANKALP Portal:
- SANKALP (Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion) Web-portal. SANKALP Scheme to focus on district-level skilling ecosystems through convergence and coordination.
- It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme which is collaborated with the World Bank.
- It aims to implement the mandate of the National Skill Development Mission (NSDM)
The main focus of the scheme is to improve the performance of ITIs. Skills Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) scheme is a World Bank assisted-Government of India project with the objective of improving the relevance and efficiency of skills training provided through Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) and apprenticeships.
5)Kaushalacharya Awards 2020
An event to recognise some extraordinary teachers and skill trainers and honour their invaluable contribution to the skill ecosystem.
6)Inauguration of NSTI Websites:
Inauguration of websites for all the 33 National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs).
7) Digital Platform:
A digital skill platform has been developed for reskilling/upskilling of ITI instructors and trainees which integrates trainees, teachers, institutes, government and the corporates for complete life cycle of the training process and a pilot run has been made successfully.
8) Online Virtual classes:
Online virtual classes for ITI trainees are being conducted using dedicated Virtual classroom software by ITI expert trainers, Skilled experienced NSTI Officers and Industry experts.
Why in News?
The Year End Review -2020 of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship was laid out.