What’s in the news?
- Government has said that the claims of more than ten thousand Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) accepted under the Vivad se Vishwas-I scheme.
- This has led to a grant of more than 256 crore rupees to MSMEs and increased flow of bank credit through freeing up of guarantees.
- The Vivad se Vishwas scheme was launched for providing relief to MSMEs for the COVID-19 period.
- The highest relief of over 116 crore rupees has been granted by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- The relief provided under this scheme were in continuation to the efforts of the Government in promoting and sustaining the MSME sector severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.