Vibrant Villages Programme
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Centrally Sponsored Scheme – “Vibrant Villages Programme” (VVP) – which aims at comprehensive development of villages of blocks on the northern border to improve the quality of life of people living in identified border villages.
- This will help in encouraging people to stay in their native locations in border areas and reversing the outmigration from these villages adding to improved security of the border.
- The scheme will provide funds for development of essential infrastructure and creation of livelihood opportunities which will help in achieving inclusive growth and retaining the population in the border areas. In the first phase 663 Villages will be taken up in the programme.
- The scheme aids to identify and develop the economic drivers based on local natural human and other resources of the border villages on the northern border and development of growth centres on “Hub and Spoke Model” through promotion of social entrepreneurship, empowerment of youth and women through skill development and entrepreneurship.
- Border villages will be provided with all basic amenities including modern housing and good roads; water and electricity supply; good education, health and communication facilities; access to Doordarshan channels, etc.
Why in News?
- Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah is set to launch the ‘Vibrant Villages Programme’ in Kibithoo, a border village in the Anjaw district of Arunachal Pradesh.
View all comments