What’s in the news?
- On the occasion of the “National Science Day” (28/02), the Ministry of Science & Technology launched VAIBHAV Fellowship Scheme for the Indian Diaspora abroad.
- The Fellowship aims at improving the research ecosystem of India’s Higher Educational Institutions by facilitating academic and research collaborations between Indian Institutions and the best institutions in the world through mobility of faculty/researcher from overseas institutions to India.
- The best of Diaspora minds will collaborate with domestic Minds to deliver world class projects and products.
- The applicant should be Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and she or he must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University.
- Moreover, the applicant must be a researcher engaged in an overseas academic / research / industrial organization with a proven track record of research & development and plan to work for a minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 2 months a year in a research institution / academic institution in India.