About the Portal
- Udyam is an online system for registering micro, small and medium enterprises. It was launched by the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises in 2020.
- Any person can avail a free Udyam registration for their enterprise through a fully digital and paperless process based on self-declaration.
- Udyam registration is a prerequisite for availing the benefits of several schemes or programmes of the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
- An e-certificate called the “Udyam Registration Certificate” is issued online on completion of the registration process. This certificate has a dynamic QR Code through which the web page of the registration portal and details about the enterprise can be accessed.
- Aadhaar, PAN and GST numbers are required for registration. Udyam Registration Number is a permanent identification number, and there will be no need for renewal of Registration.