About the initiative
- The SWADES- Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support- initiative aims to conduct a skill mapping exercise of the returning citizens under the Vande Bharat Mission.
- This is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Civil Aviation Ministry and External Affairs Ministry.
- The objective is to create a database of qualified citizens based on their skill sets and experience to tap into and fulfil demand of Indian and foreign companies.
- The collected information will be shared with the companies for suitable placement opportunities in the country. The returning citizens are required to fill up an online SWADES Skills Card. The data collected through SWADES Skill Card will help the citizens with job prospects and bridge the demand-supply gap.
What’s in the news?
- The Central Government has launched a new initiative SWADES- Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support.