Summary: The Magic of Thinking Big
The Magic of Thinking Big
Believe in yourself:
- To Believe in yourself is being able to accomplish the goal you set in your mind.
- The belief that you keep in yourself intensifies the ‘Creative power’ in mind and thus makes any difficult task possible.
- When you believe in yourself, you tend to build a support system around you as others start believing in you too.
- A real leader is a person with, “A sheer desire to get ahead” in life, which happens as a result of the belief that they have on their self.
Types of knowledge:
- Fact memorization.
- Creative thinking.
Of these two Creative thinking works wonders as it’s a life skill that helps in facing challenges and solving problems.
3 Actions to Boost Creative Thinking:
- Be receptive to new ideas.
- Try new things.
- Question yourself on “How can I do a better job today?”
- Better lifestyle – Spend time with people who believe in you and also challenges your ideas.
- Never let negative thinking normalize your life.
- Know yourself better – embrace the skills that distinguish you from everyone else.
- Loop your positive thoughts as it will help you boost the confidence and the belief that you have in yourself.
- Identify the uniqueness in you, that will help in bringing out your best when you do a work.
Respect other’s feelings:
- The way people treat you is not only a response to your words/actions it might also have the influence of whatever is going on in their lives, when you keep this in mind you get to understand the other person better.
- Treat people like how you want to be treated by others.
- Example: EX president Lyndon Johnson is successful because he created a support system by treating everyone around him with respect.
- Success cannot be achieved without the help of fellow beings, so respect one another.
Stay in a healthy environment:
- Associate yourself with highly successful people and those who are always positive.
- Chose right friends, as they play a big role in influencing your thoughts.
- Make sure anything and everything you do are of the highest quality.
Eye on Attitude:
- Maintain a positive attitude to receive positive reactions.
- Keep your mind highly positive as attitude is a reflection of the mind.
Four ways to Enhance Positive Attitude:
- Never trip yourself up into guilt, always do what is morally right, as guilt fades your level of confidence.
- Make a good and thoughtful decision that you would cherish later.
- Always Look at your best, as appearance adds on to one’s attitude.
- Believe that whatever you do is significant and worthy.
Get rid of Fear:
You might have heard of Brian Tracey’s saying, “Fake it until you make it! Act as if you had all the confidence you require until it becomes your reality.”
- One way to get rid of Fear is by building confidence.
Ways to strengthen confidence:
- Make eye contact with other people.
- Walk 25% faster than usual.
- Strengthen your self- awareness.
- Pretend to be the person you always want to be until it turns into reality.
Keep Trying: Key to Success:
- Never hitch yourself after a setback; keep trying until you achieve it.
- The goal might seem impossible but think creatively and keep working for it.
- Develop the traits of a successful person and hone them.
Ways to attain your goal:
- Make a solid plan and map your actions according to it.
- Study the cause of your failures and work on it.
- Set a successful person as your role model and find out, “How they did it?”
- Ask yourself, “what can I do to make myself more deserving of the next opportunity?”
The main message of this book:
To believe in oneself is the keynote to success, besides ‘belief’ one must have a clear goal and a positive mind to achieve it. Every successful man/woman must have worked hard to be what they are today. Not everyone is born with skills naturally as they are meant to be acquired and developed. Break any hindrance that comes your way, ignore negative comments and always be surrounded by positive people above all believe that you can make it come true because your thoughts are what you are.
Never let your confidence level go down as it is the only immune system that is meant to guard you through ought the journey.
Be a fruitful listener as it helps your conversation turn productive and moreover it lets you question and challenge your own ideas and beliefs when you listen to others. The best investment one could make is the investment made into oneself, as it helps you realize your goals. Stay focused on whatever you do until you finish it; never let distractions take away your thoughts.
#IAS Academy in Chennai
#IAS Coaching in Chennai
#Best IAS Academy in Chennai
#Best IAS Coaching in Chennai
#IAS Coaching Centre in Chennai
#UPSC Coaching in Chennai
Excellent ! This gives moral motivation and positivism
Thanks for the blog…
Felt like recharged full of positivism
Thank u, thank u, thank u so much for this wonderful blog articles include self help books summary in effective way. And also thank u for upsc cse approach.