Seekho aur Kamao
About the Scheme
- Seekho aur Kamao (Learn & Earn) is a scheme implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs since 2013-14 and is aimed at skill development of minorities.
- The scheme entails upgrading the skills of minority youth in various modern/traditional skills depending upon their qualification, present economic trends and market potential, which can earn them suitable employment or equip them with skills to opt for self-employment.
- The scheme aims to:
- To bring down the unemployment rate of minorities;
- To conserve and update traditional skills of minorities and establish their linkages with the market;
- To improve employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc. and ensure their placement;
- To generate means of better livelihood for marginalized minorities and bring them into the mainstream;
- To enable minorities to avail opportunities in the growing market;
- To develop potential human resources for the country.
Why in News?
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs has informed Parliament that in the last 7 years around 4 lakh persons have been benefited under the ‘Seekho aur Kamao’ scheme.
View all comments