- Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (“SANKALP”) is a programme of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship with loan assistance from the World Bank.
- It aims to improve short term skill training qualitatively and quantitatively through strengthening institutions, bringing in better market connectivity and inclusion of marginalised sections of the society.
- SANKALP was launched in 2018.
- The outcomes in the project are measured through the Results Framework, and Disbursement Linked Indicators (DLIs) agreed between MSDE and World Bank.
- SANKALP has three key result areas namely (i) Institutional Strengthening at Central, State and District level; (ii) Quality Assurance of skill development programmes; and (iii) Inclusion of marginalized population in skill development programmes.
Why in News?
- The Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) demonstrated its commitment to creating a pool of highly skilled trainers through the cluster-based Training of Trainers (ToT) project undertaken under the SANKALP programme.