- The Central government of India has launched the SAMARTH Scheme to address issues faced by the Textile Sector.
- The objectives of the scheme are
- to provide demand-driven, placement oriented skilling programme to incentivize the efforts of the industry in creating jobs in the organized textile and related sectors;
- to promote skilling and skill up-gradation in the traditional sectors through respective sectoral divisions/organizations of Ministry of Textile; and
- to provide livelihood to all sections of the society across the country.
Why in News?
- Under SAMARTH scheme more than 13,235 artisans have been trained in the last three years.