- Samarth is a demand driven and placement-oriented umbrella skilling programme of the Ministry of Textiles. The implementation period of the scheme is up to March 2024.
- Samarth aims to incentivize and supplement the efforts of the industry in creating jobs in the organized textile and related sectors, covering the entire value chain of textiles, excluding Spinning and Weaving.
- The training programme and course curriculum have been rationalized keeping in view the technological and market demand of the domestic and international economies.
- The scheme is implemented through Implementing Partners (IPs) comprising of Textile Industry/ Industry Associations, State government agencies and Sectoral Organizations of Ministry of Textiles.
Why in News?
- About 1.50 lakh persons were imparted skill training under the Samrath Scheme.