About the Scheme
- Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY) is a scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior citizens belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
- The scheme has been revised in the year 2020-21. After the revision, the assisted-living devices are being provided to the senior citizens belonging to the BPL category and also to the senior citizens with monthly income not more than Rs.15000/-.
- This is a Central Sector Scheme, fully funded by the Central Government.
- The expenditure for implementation of the scheme is met from the “Senior Citizens’ Welfare Fund”.
- The Scheme is implemented through the sole implementing agency – Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), a PSU under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Why in News?
- This information was given by Minister of State for Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in a written reply in Lok Sabha.