About the Scheme
- The Prime Minister’s Development Initiative for North-East Region (PM-DevINE) was announced by the government in the Union Budget 2022-23.
- It is a Central Sector scheme, with 100% Central funding.
- PM-DevINE is aimed at rapid and holistic development of the North- East Region by funding infrastructure and social development projects, based on felt needs of the States.
- It strives to fill the gaps in various sectors and will not be a substitute for existing Central and State Schemes.
- The objectives of PM-DevINE are:
- To Fund infrastructure convergently;
- To Support social development projects based on felt needs of the North East;
- To Enable livelihood activities for youth and women;
- To Fill the development gaps in various sectors.
- PM-DevINE is implemented by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) through the North Eastern Council or Central Ministries/agencies.
Why in News?
- Since inception, 9 projects amounting to Rs.855.85 crore have been sanctioned under PM-DevINE.