About the platform
- PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation) is a ICT based multi-purpose and multi-modal platform launched in 2015 by the Prime Minister’s office (PMO).
- It is aimed at addressing common man’s grievances and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of the Government of India as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
- It is also a robust system for bringing e- transparency and e-accountability with real- time presence and exchange among the key stakeholders.
- It also promotes cooperative federalism as it brings on one platform the Secretaries of Government of India and the Chief Secretaries of the States.
Who designed it?
- The system has been designed in-house by the PMO team with the help of National Informatics Center (NIC).
Key features of PRAGATI application
- It is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries of the States).
- The Prime Minister will hold a monthly programme where he will interact with the Government of India Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries through video-conferencing enabled by data and geo- informatics visuals.
Why in News?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the meeting of 41st edition of PRAGATI, the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Centre and State governments.