What’s in the news?
- With an aim to connect the youth with more opportunities of on-ground training within corporates and further a chance to get employment, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has decided to organise the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela every month.
- The PM National Apprenticeship Mela will take place across 200+ locations in India. More than 1000 companies from across 36+ sectors will be participating in the Mela providing opportunities of being hired as an apprentice within companies.
- Individuals having a 5th–12th grade pass certificate, a skill training certificate, an ITI Diploma, or a graduate degree can apply for an interview across these trades/opportunities.
- The candidates will be given a choice of 500+ trades, including welders, electricians, housekeepers, beauticians, mechanics, and others.
- The primary goal of this programme is to encourage the hiring of apprentices from these cities, as well as to assist employers in identifying and developing their potential through training and practical skillsets bringing value to their workplace.
- Candidates will also receive Apprenticeship certificates recognised by the National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET) at the end of their training period, which will give them industry recognition.