Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela
What’s in the news?
- To boost career opportunities for India’s youth under Skill India Mission, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is set to hold the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM) across the country.
- Several local businesses have been invited to be a part of the mela to provide local youth with the opportunity to shape their careers through apprenticeship training.
- Candidates who have passed Class 5 to Class 12 and have skill training certificates, or ITI Diploma holders or graduates can apply during this apprenticeship mela.
- Apprenticeship melas are hosted in the country every month, wherein selected individuals receive a monthly stipend in accordance with government criteria for gaining new skills. Apprenticeship is considered the most sustainable model of skill development, and it has been getting a big boost under Skill India Mission.
- The government is striving to train 1 million youth per annum through apprenticeship training and to fulfil this mission, PMNAM is being used as a platform to increase the participation of establishments and students. It is also providing awareness to the youth on various opportunities existing across the participating companies.
View all comments