About the Scheme
- A new scheme called Prime Minister’s Development Initiative for North-East Region (PM-DevINE) has been announced by the government in the Union Budget 2022-23.
- The scheme will fund infrastructure and social development projects based on felt needs of the North-East in the spirit of PM GatiShakti.
- PM-DevINE would be executed through the North-Eastern Council.
- The scheme will not be a substitute for existing Central or State schemes. It will enable livelihood activities for youth and women by filling the gaps in various sectors.
- An initial allocation of Rs.1,500 crore has been made for the scheme.
Why in News?
- Eleven projects amounting to Rs 1503.44 crore have been selected for sanction in FY 2022-23 under PM-DevINE.