About the Scheme
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshata Aur Kushalata Sampanna Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana, a Central Sector Scheme, was launched during 2020-21.
- The main objective of the Scheme is to enhance the competency level of the target groups to make them employable both in self- employment and wage-employment for their socio-economic development.
- The target group under this scheme are SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, Safai Karamcharis including waste pickers etc.
- The age criterion of scheme between 18-45 years and income criteria is no income limit for SCs, SafaiKaramcharis including wastepicker and DNT.
- The annual family income should be below Rs.3 lakh for OBCs and the EBCs (Economically Backward Classes) annual family income below Rs.1 lakh.
- Types of Trainings, duration and average cost per candidate
- Up-skilling/Reskilling ( 35 to 60 hours/ 5 days to 35 days):-Rs.3000/- to Rs.8000/-
- Short Term Training (300 hours/3 months) :-Rs.22,000/-
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme ( 90 hours/15 days):Rs.7000/-
- Long Term Training ( 650 hours/7 months) :- Rs.45,000/-
- The cost of training is as per common norms issued by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
- The Cost of the training to trainees is free of cost.
- The stipend under this scheme of Rs.1,500/- per month to SCs and Safai Karamcharis and Rs.1,000/- per month to OBCs/EBCs/DNTs for non-residential Short Term and Long Term training courses and the Wage compensation Rs.2500/- per candidate is given to SCs/OBCs/EBCs/DNTs candidates for Upskilling/Reskilling programme. Wage compensation Rs.500/- per candidate is given to Safai Karamcharis candidates for Upskilling programme.
Why in News?
- The Government of India has released the performance during 2020-21 to 2022-23 under PM-DAKSH Yojana.