About the Yojana
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi, PM-DAKSH Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from 2020-21.
- The scheme aims to cover marginalized persons of Scheduled Castes, Other Backward Classes, Economically Backward Classes, De-notified Tribes and Safai karamcharis including waste pickers.
- Under this Yojana, eligible target group are being provided skill development training programmes on (i) Up-skilling/Re-skilling (ii) Short Term Training Programme (iii) Long Term Training Programme and (iv) Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
- The scheme is implemented by the three Corporations
- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC),
- National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC) &
- National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC).
Why in News?
- The Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Dr Virendra Kumar has launched PM-DAKSH Portal and PM-DAKSH Mobile App developed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in collaboration with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
News in detail
- The portal and app aims to make the skill development schemes accessible to the target groups.
- Through the portal and app the youth of the target groups will now be able to avail the benefits of skill development training programmes more easily.
- PM- DAKSH Portal is available at pmdaksh.dosje.gov.in while ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App is available in Google play store.
View all comments