About the Yojana
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi, PM-DAKSH Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from 2020-21.
- The scheme aims to cover marginalized persons of Scheduled Castes, Other Backward Classes, Economically Backward Classes, De-notified Tribes and Safai karamcharis including waste pickers.
- Under this Yojana, eligible target groups are being provided skill development training programmes on (i) Up-skilling/Re-skilling (ii) Short Term Training Programme (iii) Long Term Training Programme and (iv) Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
- The scheme is implemented by the three Corporations
- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC),
- National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC) &
- National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC).
Why in News?
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has sanctioned Rs. 84 crores under the PM-DAKSH Yojana for the year 2022-23.
View all comments