What’s in the news?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released benefits under the PM CARES schemes for Children.
About the Scheme
- The scheme offers a lumpsum amount of ₹10 lakh when children turn 23 years old as well as a monthly stipend from 18 years to 23 years.
- School-going children will also receive free education, textbooks and uniforms at the nearest government schools.
- Those in private schools may avail fee reimbursement under norms for the Right to Education Act, 2005.
- Older students can also avail free education at residential schools such as Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalay.
- Students between Class 1 and Class 12 will also receive a scholarship of ₹20,000 per month from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Students can also avail loans for professional courses and higher education for payment of interest.
- Beneficiaries can also avail health insurance cover of ₹5 lakh at public and private hospitals under the Pradhan Mantri-Jan Aarogya Yojana scheme.