Paalan 1000 National Campaign
What’s in the news?
- The Indian government has launched a new campaign – Paalan 1000 National Campaign – to reduce child mortality, including a Parenting App.
- India has taken rapid strides in reducing child mortality since 2014 – when it was 45 per 1000 live births – to 35 per 1000 live births in 2019.
- ‘Paalan 1000 – Journey of the First 1000 Days’ focuses on the cognitive developments of children in the first two years of their life, while the companion app will provide the caregiver with practical advice.
- The campaign is centered on the fact that the first 1000 days of a child’s life is when a platform is established for its physical, mental, emotional, cognitive and social health.
- The process of a baby’s brain development begins during pregnancy and is influenced by a pregnant woman’s health, nutrition and environment. After birth, apart from the physical growth, a human baby’s brain development paves the way for its future level of intelligence and quality of life.
View all comments