- National Intellectual Property Awareness Mission (NIPAM), a flagship program to impart IP awareness and basic training, was launched in 2021.
- The pan-India mission aims to provide awareness on intellectual property and its rights to 1 million students by 15 August 2022.
- It aims to inculcate the spirit of creativity and innovation to students of higher education and ignite and inspire the students of college/Universities to innovate and protect their creations.
- The program is being implemented by the Intellectual Property Office, the Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks (CGPDTM), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Why in News?
- The Government of India launched an awareness campaign for the NIPAM programme.