- The National SC-ST Hub has been set up to provide professional support to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Entrepreneurs.
- The Hub was launched by the Government of India in 2016
- The Hub is being implemented by the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), a public sector undertaking under the administrative control of the Ministry of MSME.
- To encourage SC/ST owned units to achieve their share of at least 4% of total procurement being made by Central/State Governments, CPSEs and other government agencies
- To prepare strategy for intervention through industry associations to sensitize, encourage and enable the SC/ST owned units for participation in Public Procurement Process
- Collection, collation and dissemination of information regarding SC/ST enterprises and entrepreneurs
- Facilitating SC/ST Entrepreneurs to be part of vendor development programs and mentoring support by specific CPSE matching the products/services of such entrepreneurs
- Facilitating SC/ST Entrepreneurs’ participation in Public Procurement through the e-platform of DGS&D and monitoring the progress.
Why in News?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has praised the National SC-ST Hub Scheme which crossed more than one lakh beneficiary registrations.