About the Campaign
- The ‘Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan’ or the ‘Drugs-Free India Campaign’ was launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the Nodal Ministry for Drug Demand Reduction, in 2020.
- The initiative focuses on 272 districts in 32 states & UT’s which are identified as most vulnerable in terms of usage of drugs in the country.
- These vulnerable districts were identified on the basis of findings from the Comprehensive National Survey and the inputs provided by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
- Nasha Mukt Bharat Campaign is a three-pronged attack combining the supply curb by the Narcotics Control Bureau, Outreach and Awareness and Demand Reduction effort by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and treatment through the Health Department.
Components of the Campaign
- Awareness generation programmes;
- Focus on Higher Educational institutions, University Campuses and Schools;
- Community outreach and identification of dependent population;
- Focus on Treatment facilities in Hospital settings; and
- Capacity Building Programmes for Service Providers.
Why in News?
- To promote adventure tourism and to spread the message of ‘say no to drugs’ under Union Government’s ‘Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan’, an interstate bike rally was organized in Jammu & Kashmir.