About the Campaign
- The ‘Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan’ or the ‘Drugs-Free India Campaign’ was flagged off on 15th August 2020 by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The Nasha Mukt Bharat Annual Action Plan for 2020-21 focuses on 272 districts in 32 states & UT’s which are identified as most vulnerable in terms of usage of drugs and launches a three-pronged attack combining efforts of the Narcotics Bureau, Outreach/Awareness by Social Justice and Treatment through the Health Department.
Components of the action plan
- Awareness generation programmes;
- Focus on Higher Educational institutions, University Campuses and Schools;
- Community outreach and identification of dependent population;
- Focus on Treatment facilities in Hospital settings; and
- Capacity Building Programmes for Service Providers.
Why in the news?
- The Department of Social Justice & Empowerment organized Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan Run in New Delhi.