- Namami Gange Mission is a holistic and integrated river rejuvenation programme not just to clean River Ganga but restore its entire riverine ecosystem.
- It was launched in 2014-15.
- Namami Gange is premised on the five important pillars of –
- Nirmal Ganga (unpolluted river),
- Aviral Ganga (unrestricted flow),
- Jan Ganga (People’s Participation),
- Gyan Ganga (knowledge and research based interventions) and
- Arth Ganga (people-river connect through the bridge of economy).
Why in News?
- The details of budgetary provisions, funds released by the Government of India to Namami Gange Mission has been published by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.