About the programme
- Mission Karmayogi is a nationwide programme to lay the foundation for capacity building of civil servants.
- It will help the officers to learn about the best practices across the world.
- Officially called the “National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB)”, the mission plans to transform human resource management in the country.
- The fundamental focus of the reform is the creation of a ‘citizen centric civil service’ capable of creating and delivering services conducive to economic growth and public welfare.
- Mission Karmayogi shifts the focus from “Rule based training to Role based training”.
- Greater thrust has been laid on behavioural change.
Unfolding of Mission Karmayogi
- Mission Karmayogi programme will be delivered by setting up a digital platform called iGOTKarmayogi.
- NPCSCB will be governed by the Prime Minister’s Human Resource Council, which will also include state Chief Ministers, Union Cabinet ministers and experts. This council will approve and review civil service capacity building programmes.
- Besides this, there will be a Cabinet Secretary Coordination Unit comprising select secretaries and cadre controlling authorities.
- Also, there will be a Capacity Building Commission, which will include experts in related fields and global professionals. This commission will prepare and monitor annual capacity building plans and audit human resources available in the government.
- Also, there will be a wholly-owned Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), which will govern the iGOT-Karmayogi platform.
- The SPV will create and operationalise the content, market place and manage key business services of iGOT-Karmayogi platform.
Why in News?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi referred to new initiatives such as Mission Karmayogi during his speech at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie.
View all comments