About the programme
- Launched in 2020, Mission Karmayogi is a nationwide programme to lay the foundation for capacity building of civil servants. It will help the officers to learn about the best practices across the world.
- Officially called the “National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB)“, the mission plans to transform human resource management in the country.
- Mission Karmayogi aims to prepare the Indian civil servant for the future by making him more creative, constructive, imaginative, innovative, proactive, professional, progressive, energetic, enabling, transparent and technology-enabled.
- The fundamental focus of the reform is the creation of a ‘citizen centric civil service’ capable of creating and delivering services conducive to economic growth and public welfare.
- It shifts the focus from “Rule based training to Role based training”. Greater thrust has been laid on behavioural change.
- Mission Karmayogi programme will be delivered by setting up a digital platform called iGOTKarmayogi.
- The platform will act as a launchpad for the National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building, which will enable a comprehensive reform of the capacity building apparatus at the individual, institutional and process levels.
- NPCSCB will be governed by the Prime Minister’s Human Resource Council, which will also include state Chief Ministers, Union Cabinet ministers and experts. This council will approve and review civil service capacity building programmes.
- There will be a wholly-owned Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), which will govern the iGOT-Karmayogi platform.
- The SPV will be a “not-for-profit” company which will create and operationalise the content, market place and manage key business services of iGOT-Karmayogi platform.
Why in News?
- Karmayogi Bharat, in partnership with Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), launched 12 courses designed to bridge competency gaps and are tailored to needs, and aspirations of officials. The courses will enable a fundamental shift from rule-based to role-based training.
- The courses on Pre-hospital protocols in case of a Cardiac arrest, A Simple stretch to stretch your life, Benefits of Cardio-respiratory Endurance Training, Circuit Training, Lower Backache and its prevention and Wound Management are the courses that aim at changing the behaviour of civil services towards a healthy lifestyle.
- There are also courses to build domain competencies of the Central Armed Police Forces.